Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sweet Fellowship

Well, we just said goodbye to a load of friends that came by for dinner tonight. It's been months since we've done any entertaining, and we cooked a big meal tonight for 7 of our friends. The menu was:

Appetizer: Olivada (spread) made from Kalamata olives, olive oil, and herbs)

Salad: Spinach salad with warm bacon dressing

Main Course:

Roast Pork Shoulder with apples and oni0ns (had a nice spice rub, too)

Pan-Roasted Asparagus with Asiago Cheese and garlic

Jenny's famous mashed potatoes

Dessert: Individual Chocolate Volcano Cakes with Espresso Ice Cream

Our friend David (Amy's husband) was not able to make it tonight, so we sent a plate home with Amy.

We love entertaining friends at home, and really enjoyed the fellowship and converstation around the table.

Here's to 3 day weekends!!!!


Sorry, no pictures, but we'll get around to it soon.

2 comments:

lisamariecutie said...

Dear chachi and Mrs. Edwards,

I'm leaving a comment about all of your blogs so far, because I didn't know this site existed until I got bored and was surfing around on the Madrigals blog.

First of all, the picture of you two when Emmelia (is that how you spell it?) just had come home is like the CUTEST PICTURE EVER! You guys are a pretty couple.

Second of all, Chachi, you look funny with the mask on in the hospital. I laughed out loud when I saw it.

I also REALLY like the picture of all three of you at your home church. Chachi, you look really nice in a Tux. You should wear it to school sometime.

It's really awesome that you guys had fun feeding a bunch of people. Mrs. Edwards, you should convince your husband to bring some snacks to school for Madrigals. We hear about your food ALL the time, but I don't think I've ever tasted any of it.

I'm going to keep stalking you on this blog, just so you know.

And also, I just created this account so I can comment on your blog. You're THAT special!

Hehe, keep updating!!!!!

Love,
Lisa

Erika said...

My Friend Mrs. Edwards can cook? HMMM...somehow I must know the wrong person.HAHA...JK :)