Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nate and Jenny in San Francisco Day 6

Hey All--Interesting Day for Nate

Started out the morning on the BART headed for an area of town I hadn't been to yet, called "The Mission." It's a mostly hispanic area with lots of culture and revitalization.

Except I didn't get off the BART where I was supposed to--actually I was about 8 blocks from where I wanted to be. I found myself in some interesting surroundings, with more homeless people per square yard than I have ever experienced. Most were nice and went about there business, but some were attempting to cause trouble for people waiting for buses, etc. Yikes. One guy in a wheelchair was urinating where he wasn't supposed to. More to that story some other time.

I finally found my destination and boy was it worth it. Free wireless and the BEST coffee/espresso I have EVER tasted. The place is called Ritual Roasters and boy do they know what they're doing with the bean. Wow! You'll find their website below.

ritualroasters.com

Anyway, I took the MUNI bus back toward downtown, and exited the bus where a specialty cooking store was supposed to be. I found the address but no store. My guidebook is dated 2007.....what gives? I called the number. They're closed. Ugh.

I kept walking because it was a beautiful cool day out. I found an open air produce market where I was able to buy some bananas at Jenny's request and some peaches for me. Also hit the Ghiardelli outlet downtown to get rid of some coins. One more destination....

The SF Apple Store. What a place! I tooks some pictures, but it was an amazing retail store with lots of customers and impressive design.

Ritual Roasters was a nice place with a great cup of espresso (cappucino), but it was too noisy and hip to do any work, so I headed back to Burlingame early and was able to get a couple of hours of research and listening in before Jenny was done.

Tomorrow I'm doing laundry for the both of us at a place called "Mr. and Mrs. Bubbles" Should be a fun time! Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

davesonya said...

Thanks for letting me know about your site!

Looks like a great trip!