Friday, April 16, 2010

My Mower and Me

I have a small confession to make...I love to mow the lawn.

To the neighbors, it may look like I am a slave to my husband...a wife mowing while her husband watches over her. But that could not be farther from the truth. I could mow for hours.

I am happy. The husband is happy. The kids are happy. Mommy is recharging.

Our faithful mower just made it back from a 2 week spa vacation at Wieland's Lawn Mower Hospital. A couple new tires, a tweak and tuneup here and there, a few new parts and my relationship was restored with my mower.

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

*I see improvement right away instead of waiting months for behavior to change.

*Everything is restored to perfect order and it will not be destroyed minutes later.

*I can't hear children crying or whining above the hum of the engine. Bless their hearts.

*I am finally alone with my thoughts. The rays of the sun melt away my stress.

*I have uninterrupted exercise. I never thought it was possible until now.

Thank you, dear mower. I am looking forward to the months ahead.

No comments: