We found out Thursday, November 20th, that my dad had what was thought to be pancreatic cancer. He had no symptoms and had an appointment with his doctor due to concern about his gallbladder. It was in this appointment that his doctor delivered the shocking news. At this point, we did not know how bad it was but we knew it wasn't good.
He had a biopsy of the mass found on his pancreas on Wednesday, November 26th and was scheduled to meet with an oncologist for the result and diagnosis on December 1st. The diagnosis was devastating...stage 4 pancreatic cancer...tumor on pancreas 3 inches...6-12months to live...the rest became a blur. I felt like my world was spinning out of control.
It has been said that there is a special relationship between a father and his daughter. There is a unique bond that is hard to explain. I treasure my relationship with my dad. I look up to him and think him to be very wise. He is strong. He can do anything. My dad is the foundation for our family. Even at 34 years old, I still feel like my dad's child.
Have you ever spent time thinking about your worst fear? Somewhere in the depths of my heart, I feared losing my dad most of all. I would find ways to tell myself that I was being silly, that it wouldn't happen for a long time or that he was fine. Now I had to face what I feared the most. That fear felt overwhelming.
No comments:
Post a Comment