I sometimes have a little mowing buddy.
When mowing my parent's large yard, Nate the Great and I mow with 2 mowers so we can mow for a total of 1 1/2 hours instead of 3 hours. The kiddos can't go unsupervised and this is the plan we came up with...I wear the backpack.
You might ask, why doesn't Nate the Great wear the backpack so I can mow in peace? Well, the part I chose to mow is mostly in the shade and we like to protect Little Mister's skin from the sun as much as we can...thanks to the Irish/English in the family.
He is slathered in sunscreen, hat fastened to his head, buckled in his ride and off we go!
He is easily entertained while we make our many laps around the yard. I enjoy listening to his sweet babbling above the hum of the engine. I even get my hair done while I work. Little dimpled fingers pull strands of hair from my ponytail. Every so often, I see his chubby finger shoot out in front and point at something that has captured his attention.
My Buddy and Me
3 comments:
This is so precious!!
you are like the best, fun, creative mom ever!!!!
You are like the best, fun, creative mom!
Post a Comment