Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reminder

The past few days have kept us hopping. Days where a lot has been accomplished but yet there is still so much to do.

I am buried in the process of making lists so this weary mind of mine won't forget. As I quickly scribbled my ideas down, I could hear the sweet voice of The Pip singing a familiar song from the bathtub in the midst of play.

These are the words coming from the mouth of one precious 4 year old:

What a mighty God we serve
what a mighty god we serve
Angels bow before Him
Heaven and earth adore Him
What a mighty God we serve.


I stopped to pause and listen. I smiled as I heard how she put an emphasis on "dore" in adore. I laughed as I heard her immediately play talk about a rocket ship taking off right after she finished singing. I love how natural it is for her to incorporate God into everything she does in such a simple way. How good it is to be reminded not to lose sight of what is important in the midst of my organized chaos.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Jenny-- I recently visited a friend, and was reminded too of the sweet innocence of a 3 yr. old. (You can read my blog). But what a wonderful time to stop and smell the roses, of how we need to take time to embrace life.