Monday, February 15, 2010

The Object of Her Affection

Even as a teeny tiny baby, The Pip was very oral. Putting a pacifier in her mouth was the ticket to helping her soothe herself. When she started speaking, she called her pacifiers, "poppies," and "poppies" they still are. She would take them everywhere with her and we joked that they were her best friend.

Since we have restricted her use to only nap and bed, she gathered them all together and put them in a sparkly pink jewelery box to keep on her bed.



One evening last week, I had her go sit on her bed for a time out to calm down from a tantrum. When I went to check on her, this is what I found...

A Closer Look at the Hands

An Even Closer Look at the Hands
She loves her poppies.

1 comment:

Blackbird said...

Hilarious. I love that she calls them "poppies," like the Wizard of Oz. "Poppies will put them to sleeeppp...."